Blog

  • Mufti Dr Fatris, MUIS Ucap Selamat Hari Krismas Kepada Masyarakat Kristian Singapura

    Mufti Dr Fatris, MUIS Ucap Selamat Hari Krismas Kepada Masyarakat Kristian Singapura

    Mufti Negara Dr Mohamed Fatris Bakaram dan Ketua Eksekutif MUIS, Abdul Razak Maricar, bagi pihak masyarakat Islam tempatan, hari ini mengutuskan ucapan Selamat Hari Krismas dan tahun baru 2017 kepada masyarakat Kristian Singapura.

    Ucapan tersebut disampaikan dalam surat berasingan kepada dua pemimpin Kristian yang berpengaruh di negara ini iaitu Presiden Majlis Gereja Kebangsaan Singapura, Uskup Rennis Ponniah, dan Ketua Bishop Roman Katolik Singapura, William Goh Seng Chye.

    Dalam surat tersebut, Mufti Fatris dan Encik Abdul Razak menzahirkan rasa bersyukur di atas anugerah keamanan, kemakmuran dan persahabatan kukuh dengan semua agama di Singapura, terutama sekali dengan masyarakat Kristian negara ini.

    Mereka menambah, sekarang ini merupakan masa-masa sukar bagi banyak masyarakat di merata dunia, seperti serangan “tidak berperikemanusiaan” ke atas Pasar Berlin, yang membunuh 12 orang dan mencederakan 48 yang lain.

    Lantaran itu, Mufti Fatris dan Encik Abdul Razak menekankan perlunya ikatan dan persahabatan yang ada diperkuat, dan masyarakat memperdalam kefahaman antara satu sama lain serta membina satu budaya kerjasama.

    Masyarakat Muslim Singapura tegas kedua-dua mereka, komited untuk berdiri bahu membahu dengan penganut agama lain, dalam menawarkan peranan positif yang boleh dimainkan oleh agama.

    Ini, demi membina sebuah Singapura yang sepadu dan dan makmur demi manfaat generasi masa depan, kata Mufti Fatris dan Encik Razak.

    Source: Berita MediaCorp

  • Hijabi Rejected For Role With Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

    Hijabi Rejected For Role With Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

     

    We wish this wasn’t happening, but it seems like it is, once again.

    We learned on Thursday that the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa denied employment to a lady because she wears a hijab — the reason: “we have a strict grooming code”.

    The lady originally took to Facebook to share her experience in a public post that she later took down.

    In it, she explained that she applied for a part-time Kids’ Club assistant position, went through the job scope with the hiring manager and confirmed that her availability matched the period she was required.

    “… everything was okay except for the fact that I cover myself,” she wrote.

    Here’s a screenshot of what she wrote, which we’re sharing with her permission:

    hijabi-rejected-1

    “that thing on your head”

    As if this situation wasn’t bad enough, she said the staff referred to her headscarf as “that thing on (her) head”.

    Following her post, a person claiming to be an employee of the resort’s kids’ club shared it, with the following comment:

    hijabi-rejected-2

    For the best of both world [sic] — we’re not sure the lady benefited in any way from this experience, though.

    A spokesperson from the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort confirmed that this did happen in an email to Mothership.sg, with the following:

    “We confirm that we interviewed a part time applicant for the position of Kids Club Assistant.
    We could not offer her the position as she was not able to meet our grooming and uniform guidelines.

    In addition, we pride ourselves in embracing fair employment practices in our resort.”

    What do the authorities say about this?

    Earlier this year, a Today article quoted TAFEP (Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices) on this issue, after another lady was told she would not be allowed to wear a hijab at an administrative role.

    Here’s what they said:

    “… while employers may prescribe a dress code, such dress code requirements should not be differentiated by an employee’s race or religion.

    Rather, the dress code should be suited to the nature of work, taking into account business, operational and safety considerations.”

    According to TAFEP’s job advertisement guidelines stated in its fair employment practices handbook,

    “Employers who advertise a position requiring a specific attribute which may be viewed as discriminatory should ensure it is indeed a requirement of the job and state the reason for the requirement in the advertisement…

    Race should not be a criterion for the selection of job candidates as multiracialism is a fundamental principle in Singapore. Selection based on race is unacceptable and job advertisements should not feature statements like ‘Chinese preferred’ or ‘Malay preferred’.

    Religion is unacceptable as a criterion for recruitment except in cases where employees have to perform religious functions as part of the job requirement. In such cases, the requirements should be clearly and objectively presented”.

    We’ll let you decide if Shangri-La met the hiring guidelines as stipulated by TAFEP, which you can find here, as well as their employment guidelines here.

     

    Source: http://mothership.sg

  • Cef Bob Antara 10 Finalis Pencarian Bintang Masakan ‘Eat List Star’

    Cef Bob Antara 10 Finalis Pencarian Bintang Masakan ‘Eat List Star’

    Cef selebriti setempat Cef Bob kini menjadi antara 10 finalis dalam pencarian bintang personaliti masakan di Asia Tenggara, ‘Eat List Star’.

    Beliau berjaya melayakkan diri ke peringkat akhir daripada lebih 250 penyertaan di rantau ini.

    Cef Bob atau nama sebenarnya Shahrizal Salleh turut dipilih sebagai salah seorang finalis selepas mengharungi sesi ‘boot camp’ selama lima hari di Singapura setelah berjaya melangkah sebagai 20 peserta teratas.

    Sesi tersebut turut disertai para peserta dari Australia, Philippines, Thailand dan Singapura sendiri.

    Di kem tersebut, mereka perlu membuktikan kebolehan mereka memasak serta daya tarikan dan karisma mereka di skrin, untuk melayakkan diri ke peringkat akhir.

    CEF BOB SAMPAI MENANGIS DALAM PERTANDINGAN. KENAPA?

    Pencarian bintang masakan Eat List Star anjuran Mediacorp itu juga dibuka kepada cef-cef professional serta tukang masak dari rumah.

    (Gambar: Shahrizal Salleh/ Instagram)

    Cef Bob memberitahu BERITAMediacorp bahawa pengalaman itu merupakan suatu yang sangat berbeza bagi dirinya, yang sering menjadi juri masakan bagi rancangan-rancangan televisyen.

    “Selalunya, saya menjadi juri. Kali ini, saya pula yang menjadi peserta. Memang rasa berdebar-debar. Sekarang, saya mempunyai lebih rasa hormat kepada para peserta yang pernah memasuki peraduan memasak,” ujarnya.

    “Dan kini saya rasa bersalah pula bila terfikirkan saat-saat saya memberi komen yang kurang enak kepada mereka. Malah, sewaktu peraduan itu berlangsung, ada juga masa apabila saya sendiri yang menangis. Tapi Alhamdulillah, saya tidak terfikir dapat berjaya hingga ke tahap ini,” kongsinya lagi.

    (Gambar: Chef Amri/ Facebook)

    TIDAK KISAH BERTANDING WALAU PERTANDINGAN ‘TUNJUKKAN KELEMAHAN SAYA’

    Juga merupakan pengalaman kali pertama sebagai seorang peserta bagi Cef Bob, gelaran ‘cef selebriti’ jelas tidak menghalang Cef Bob untuk ikut bertanding.

    “Saya tidak kisah walaupun saya tahu peraduan ini akan menunjukkan kelemahan saya. Saya gemar mencabar diri. Adakalanya kita rasa bahawa kitalah yang terbaik, tetapi sebenarnya ada yang lebih baik dari kita,” katanya.

    Tambah Cef Bob lagi: “Saya rasa ini juga merupakan peluang untuk saya melangkah ke platform Inggeris. Dan saya mahu mendapat tempat itu dengan kerja keras sendiri.”

    Meskipun mengakui terdapat perbezaan bahasa dan budaya selain persaingan hebat di kalangan para peserta, Cef Bob tetap menganggap Eat List Star sebagai platform untuk beliau lebih dikenali dan terus mendapat pendedahan.

    (Gambar: Shahrizal Salleh/ Instagram)

    CEF BOB: SAYA INGIN MENJADI 3 FINALIS TERATAS

    Malah, Cef Bob turut memberitahu BERITAMediacorp bahawa peraduan tersebut juga merupakan suatu pengalaman yang membuka mata.

    “Saya lebih mempelajari tentang jenis masakan yang pelbagai oleh para pesaing. Walau demikian, saya percaya tiada pengalaman yang berharga dapat diraih dengan mudah,” katanya.

    Lantaran itu, beliau bertekad untuk memberikan yang terbaik dalam setiap cabaran yang bakal diterima selepas ini.

    “Saya ingin menjadi tiga finalis yang teratas. Walaupun saya yakin dapat melakukannya, saya tidak mahu menjadi terlalu konfiden. Bagaimanapun, dalam apa sahaja yang saya lakukan, saya akan melakukan yang terbaik,” jelasnya lagi.

    Tiga finalis terbaik juga bakal memenangi kontrak pembangunan media dan bisnes buat jangka panjang bersama Mediacorp serta peluang-peluang untuk memajukan kerjaya masakan mereka.

    Saksikan perjuangan Cef Bob dalam Eat List Star di Saluran 5 setiap Isnin, bermula 6 Februari depan.

    Source: http://berita.mediacorp.sg

  • Young Couple Caught On CCTV During Robbery Spree At VivoCity

    Young Couple Caught On CCTV During Robbery Spree At VivoCity

    Five restaurant operators in VivoCity yesterday discovered their premises had been burgled.

    One owner, who declined to be named, told The New Paper: “(It seems) the burglars targeted open-concept restaurants as there are no doors and people can just walk in and out.”

    He added that the restaurant’s closed-circuit television footage showed a pair who “looked like a young couple”.

    “They tried opening the safe, then tapping the back of the cash register but it was too heavy to be moved,” he said.

    “So they took the tip box, which was beside the cash register and inside a locker. They opened it with a screwdriver.”

    He estimated that the tip box had about $300.

    An employee at Japanese restaurant Monster Curryfound the floor in a mess when she arrived at 10am. She alerted her management immediately.

    Her manager said: “Everything was on the floor and she felt something was amiss. Then she saw the safe on the floor.

    “We use barricades only when we close off the restaurant and there are no doors because our restaurant is meant to have an open-concept design.”

    Luckily, nothing was stolen.

    TIP BOX

    The supervisor of hotpot restaurant Jpot said walkie-talkies and a tip box with about $50, were stolen.

    The other affected restaurants are Shin Kushiya and Paik’s Bibim.

    The mall management said the police had been alerted.

    “As police investigations are still ongoing, we will not be able to provide further details pertaining to the case,” they added.

    A police spokesman said: “On Dec 22 at 10.26am, the police were alerted to a case of theft in dwelling at Vivocity.”

    Investigations are ongoing.

     

    Source: www.tnp.sg

  • Huge Escalator Part Pierced Toddler’s Sandals But AMK Hub Still Allow Escalator To Run

    Huge Escalator Part Pierced Toddler’s Sandals But AMK Hub Still Allow Escalator To Run

    Stomper M‘s five-year-old grandson had a harrowing experience while on an escalator at AMK Hub last Thursday (Dec 15), slightly after 1pm.

    A metal piece from the escalator that was going down to Basement 2 and towards NTUC FairPrice Xtra pierced through the toddler’s sandals.

    escalator-piercing-2

    M is upset at how staff at AMK Hub’s Customer Service handled the situation. She also raised concerns about how she saw the escalator still in operation, hours after the unfortunate incident.

    M told Stomp in a phone interview:

    “Last Thursday afternoon, we were going down the escalator to B2, going to NTUC.

    “My grandson and his mummy were standing behind me. Halfway through, we heard something like the sound of chains dropping.

    “I turned back my head, I saw my daughter carry his son and the next moment, we saw that his left shoe had something poking into his shoe.

    “When we reached the end, we saw that one part of the escalator step had broken into a mysterious way. Everyone who saw that were totally stunned”

    According to M, passers-by who saw what happened were in shock as well and some took photos. She continued:

    “Thank God his left foot was okay. We were so shocked till we didn’t know what to do and many people came crowding around.

    “No security guards were around, so I went up to the info counter for help. The escalator only stopped after I brought a kind security guard there. I put my grandson into an NTUC trolley and we all went to the info counter again.

    “After minutes, the head of security came and his care was good.

    “Some people in charge of AMK Hub came. I have no idea who they are, but we wasted more than an hour to two hours.

     

    Source: www.stomp.com.sg

deneme bonusu