Author: Rilek1Corner

  • Legenda Perfileman Melayu, Tan Sri Jins Shamsuddin, Meninggal Dunia

    Legenda Perfileman Melayu, Tan Sri Jins Shamsuddin, Meninggal Dunia

    SELANGOR: Seniman legenda perfileman Melayu, Tan Sri Jins Shamsuddin, 81 tahun, meninggal dunia petang tadi (1 Mac), menurut laporan Berita Harian Malaysia.

    Berita sedih ini disahkan anaknya, Putera Hang Nadim.

    Dalam petikan laporan mStar pula, Persatuan Seniman Malaysia (Seniman) dalam satu kenyataan turut menyatakan bahawa Allahyarham meninggal dunia ketika mendapatkan rawatan di Klinik Idzham di Taman Melawati, sekitar 5.45 petang tadi.

    Allahyarham semakin uzur sejak beberapa tahun kebelakangan ini disebabkan oleh penyakit Alzheimer yang dihidapinya.

    (Gambar: Penang Kini/ Facebook)

    Allahyarham turut terkenal melalui filem-filem klasik termasuk Lela Manja, Si Tanggang dan Pancha Delima.

    Selain prolifik sebagai seorang pelakon, Allahyarham juga mencipta nama sebagai seorang pengarah melalui filem seperti Esok Masih Ada, Bukit Kepong dan Ali Setan.

    Source: http://berita.mediacorp.sg

  • Insurance Agent Didn’t Tell Truth, Tried To Make Me Sign Consent Form Through Donation “Receipt”

    Insurance Agent Didn’t Tell Truth, Tried To Make Me Sign Consent Form Through Donation “Receipt”

    A GE Agent knocked on my door earlier this evening. He didn’t say he was an insurance advisor but introduced himself as someone raising money for orphans. The donation was for $10 . I went in and checked my wallet and found I only had only $2 note in it. I told him to take the $2 anyway. I didn’t want the plush toy gift.

    He told that he needed to take my particulars to issue a receipt. He asked for my birthdate, and I thought how odd for a receipt to require my birthdate. Finally he asked me to sign the form he filled-up. I took the form to read what I was signing and the first line stopped me in my track. It said, I agreed to let GE contact me in any form of mailer or communication medium…..I told him, I was not signing and he told me that it was okay!

    I repeated ‘I am not signing this. You’ve not been truthful. I’m signing away my rights under the pretext of issuing me a donation form.” I had felt bad earlier that I didn’t have the $10 moments earlier but felt irritated by then

    I don’t mind Insurance Agent soliciting for business but not telling me the truth was unacceptable.

    I asked him for his Agent No. which is a number issued by MAS. He refused. He said he has the rights to protect his identify as much as I have. He gave me back the money and walked off.

    If he had tried to conceal something from me on such matter, what’s the chances of him concealing more from others?

     

    Source: Effendi Baba

  • Indonesian Man Caned In Aceh For Khalwat Offence Collapsed

    Indonesian Man Caned In Aceh For Khalwat Offence Collapsed

    BANDA ACEH: An Indonesian man collapsed while being publicly caned Monday for spending time with a woman who is not his wife in contravention of strict Islamic laws in a staunchly Muslim part of the country.

    Herizal bin Yunus, 27, fainted after being caned eight times in front of a crowd in Aceh, the only province of the world’s most populous Muslim-majority country that imposes sharia law.

    Officials carried him off stage after he collapsed during the punishment outside a mosque in the provincial capital Banda Aceh, which was carried out by a religious official dressed in an all-encompassing, hooded cloak.

    But once he came to, a doctor examined him and said he was in good health, and he was taken back up on stage to be flogged another 14 times. A local religious court had sentenced him to be caned a total of 22 times.

    The man had broken Islamic laws that forbid people in Aceh from spending time in close proximity with members of the opposite sex who are not their husband or wife.

     

    Source: www.freemalaysiatoday.com

     

  • New Trump Travel Ban Order Will Exclude Iraq And Current Visa Holders, US Officials Say

    New Trump Travel Ban Order Will Exclude Iraq And Current Visa Holders, US Officials Say

    President Donald Trump’s revised travel ban order will exclude Iraq, but continue to impose restrictions on the other six Muslim-majority nations that were included in the original order, US officials said.

    The new executive order is expected to be signed on Wednesday (1 March) that will temporarily prohibit people travelling from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen from entering the US.

    Four officials reportedly told the Associated Press on Tuesday (28 March) that the change was made following pressure from the Pentagon and State Department, who urged the White House to consider Iraq’s leading role in fighting Isis and rethink their decision on imposing travel restrictions on the ally.

    The revised travel ban order will replace the earlier version that was blocked by a federal court on multiple legal grounds. The new order was reportedly drafted to eliminate the legal hitches.

    The initial order that came at the end of January led to mass protests in the country and abroad after many people were left stranded at airports waiting to reunite with family members. In the initial days of implementation of the order, even the green card holders and visa holders from the seven nations were barred from entering the country.

    According to the Washington Post, which cited “people familiar with the matter”, the new version will exempt current visa holders from the travel ban and remove an exception to the refugee prohibition for religious minorities.

    Justice Department lawyers reportedly hope the new version was more likely to pass legal hurdles and will also not leave any travellers detained at US airports. The paper also wrote that learning from the previous experience, the White House administration could implement the order at a date later than the signing date.

    Meanwhile, CNN’s White House reporter tweeted that Trump may not sign the revised executive order on Wednesday as was being expected. The signing has been pushed to next week following positive reviews of Trump’s address to the joint Congress session on Tuesday.

    Amid positive reviews of speech, WH officials have scrapped plans for Trump to sign new travel ban EO tomorrow, per a senior admin official.

    Source: IBTimes

  • ISIS Militants Being Killed At Level They Cannot Sustain, Says British General

    ISIS Militants Being Killed At Level They Cannot Sustain, Says British General

    The US-led coalition effort against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is killing the group’s fighters more quickly than it can replace them, a senior British general said on Tuesday (Feb 28), with more than 45,000 killed by coalition air strikes up to August last year.

    On Tuesday, US-backed Iraqi forces continued their offensive in Mosul, where several thousand ISIS militants, including many who travelled from Western countries to join up, are believed to be based.

    “We are killing Daesh at a rate that they simply can’t sustain,” said Major-General Rupert Jones, deputy commander for the Combined Joint Task Force coalition, using an Arabic acronym for ISIS.

    “The enemy cannot sustain the attrition that they are suffering and therefore they lose terrain, they lose battles.”

    The top American commander in Iraq said earlier this month he believed US-backed forces would recapture ISIS’ two major strongholds – Raqqa in Syria and Mosul in Iraq – within the next six months.

    Jones said that while the battle would not be over with the fall of Mosul or Raqqa, it would be the beginning of the end.

    “The inevitability of their destruction just becomes really a matter of time,” he said, adding that the group’s leadership was now focussed on little more than survival.

    ‘BRUTAL REGIME’

    The coalition estimates that the number of ISIS fighters in Iraq and Syria is at its lowest level in more than 2.5 years, with the group having lost 62 per cent of the territory it once controlled in Iraq and 30 per cent in Syria.

    Jones said the number of foreign fighters travelling to join ISIS had dropped by between 75 and 90 per cent, both due to it being harder to get in and out of Iraq and Syria and because the reality of doing so had been exposed as unappealing.

    “The big idea that Daesh were putting out there, the kind of glamour… has been exposed for what it is, it is a lie,” he said. “They recognise that what you are actually signing yourself up to is going to live under a brutal regime.”

    He said ISIS had refocused its attention on radicalising people outside Iraq and Syria to carry out attacks locally, so the coalition still had work to do on countering the group’s ideology.

    The coalition estimates that ISIS activity on Twitter has fallen by 45 per cent since 2014, with 360,000 of the group’s Twitter accounts suspended, and the lifespan of an ISIS-linked social media account reduced to less than two days.

     

    Source: ST

deneme bonusu