Blog

  • Kowloon Express West Coast Outlet Will Close With Immediate Effect

    Kowloon Express West Coast Outlet Will Close With Immediate Effect

    Dear Everyone, kindly be inform that Kowloon Express West Coast outlet will cease operations with immediate effect.

    This is purely a business decision and we are planning for a move to a better location. Our outlet at 321 Clementi mall still operates as usual.

    We would like to thank all of your support through the short period that we are at West Coast and we look forward to celebrating a new opening soon with you.

    Alhamdullilah & Wassalaam.

     

    Source: www.facebook.com/Kowloon-Express-1436613613255853

  • Cardboard Uncle Hit By Taxi More Concerned About His Biscuits Than His Injuries

    Cardboard Uncle Hit By Taxi More Concerned About His Biscuits Than His Injuries

    A man who collects cardboard for a living was hit by a taxi at the junction of Yishun Avenue 3 and Sembawang Road at about 2.30pm on Thursday (Nov 3).

    Mr Wong Kum Chew, 63, was crossing the road with his trolley when a taxi which was making a left turn, hit him. The impact left Mr Wong lying on the road near his trolley stacked with cardboards. He was covered with cuts, grazes and blood all over his body.

    When passers by rushed to his aid, Mr Wong asked, “Where is my trolley? Where is my trolley? I have two packets of biscuits inside.”

    A lady, Ms Irene Lim said it was heart-breaking to see Mr Wong in that state. A Singapore Armed Forces officer, Lieutenant Colonel (Dr) Timothy Teoh checked Mr Wong’s injuries and noted that nothing was fractured.

    Mr Wong lives with his wife and son. His son is the family’s sole breadwinner and earns about $1,000 a month. Mr Wong earns $6 to $7 a day from collecting cardboards.

    After Mr Wong was conveyed to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Ms Lim’s husband helped to push Mr Wong’s trolley back to his home.

    Source: www.allsingaporestuff.com

     

  • Young Boy Meets Soldier, Talk About Beyblade And Sings Pokemon Song

    Young Boy Meets Soldier, Talk About Beyblade And Sings Pokemon Song

    When we think of soldiers, we tend to have a mental picture of a valiant individual in green holding a rifle preparing to defend our country.

    Behind their tough demeanour however lies a side of gentleness and compassion, as one SAF soldier has shown.

    Twitter user @turtlebossy shared photos showing an SAF serviceman interacting with a boy on board a public bus.

    saf-man-and-boy-bond-over-pokemon-and-beyblade

    According to the netizen, the boy first said to his mother “mummy look it’s an army person” before going up to the soldier.

    Not wanting to disappoint his new fan, the serviceman then had a conversation with the boy about Beyblade.

    Source: www.stomp.com.sg

  • Geylang International: Players Need More Professional Attitude, Have To Stop Part-Time Jobs Like Uber Driving

    Geylang International: Players Need More Professional Attitude, Have To Stop Part-Time Jobs Like Uber Driving

    It has been a week since the S-League football season ended but while it is generally a time of consolidation for many clubs, a cloud of uncertainty has descended upon Geylang International.

    The Bedok-based club, who finished fifth in the nine-team league, will not pay two of their players their December salaries.

    In addition, some players, who supplemented their income by driving for Uber, have been ordered to stop such off-field activity.

    Former national captain Indra Sahdan, who is on a 12-month contract, told The Straits Times that he has been informed that he will not be paid the final month of his salary. He claimed that he learnt thi s via a text message from team manager Aizat Ramli in the wee hours on one day last week. Aizat could not be contacted for comment.

    Said Indra, who won 113 caps and scored 31 goals for Singapore: “It’s a bit sad to get such a message at 1am but I guess the management has its reasons.

    “The chairman is a very reasonable person, I hope we can talk things over.”

    The striker signed a part-time contract with the Eagles this season, juggling football with his airport limousine business.

    Fellow forward Carlos Delgado, a 30-year-old Argentinian, also confirmed that he will be meeting Geylang chairman Ben Teng to resolve the non-payment.

    On Indra and Delgado’s situation, Teng, who took over the reins of the two-time S-League champions from former national player Leong Kok Fann last November, told ST: “This was the coach’s (Hasrin Jailani) call.”

    It is believed that the club docked Indra’s salary as it is displeased that he missed many training sessions while Delgado had some disagreement with the management over money.

    While Indra, who played in the S-League’s inaugural season in 1996, is hopeful of reaching a settlement with his club, he has also decided to hang up his boots for good.

    The 37-year-old said: “In a way, I feel very sad, too. I never thought I would go out like that after 20 years (in the S-League).

    “The league started so well. There were good crowds and we had good-quality foreigners.

    “But after six or seven years, it all went south and nothing has changed since then.

    “My son is 11 now. If he wants to play football, I will tell him to study first. It is too difficult to have a stable career in the S-League now.”

    It is believed that Geylang have been generous paymasters this year, with junior national players, who typically earn about $4,000, being paid $5,500 to $7,000 at the Bedok Stadium if they are on full-time deals.

    Teng, a Singaporean businessman based in Abu Dhabi for the past decade, revealed that as many as 12 players in his 22-man squad signed two-year full-time contracts at the beginning of this season.

    The 42-year-old said: “The management committee made most of the decisions regarding the handing out of contracts last season, before I came on board.

    “But I spoke to all the (full-time) players last week and I intend to honour their contracts.”

    Teng also revealed his concern that some of his full-time players, including a national player, are earning extra by driving for Uber and explained why he has decided to impose a ban on such activities.

    Said Teng: “The players have to sign declarations that they do not have other employment outside of football and unfortunately, that has not been followed.

    “If we are a semi-pro team, it is fine. But if we are fully professional, we should be focused on raising our playing standards and should not be distracted by off-field activities like driving cabs.”

    While admitting that he is new to the business of running a local football club, Teng is determined to iron out the bumps and lead Geylang to a higher finish next season.

    He said: “It has not been easy (running the club) but my target is to restore Geylang to its glory days once again.”

     

    Source: www.straitstimes.com

  • Another Helpless Mom: Stranger Appeared At Our Home Asking About My Children, Already Reported To Police

    Another Helpless Mom: Stranger Appeared At Our Home Asking About My Children, Already Reported To Police

    I just called 999. Someone at my door.

    Knocking very hard.

    Hubby open and he gave Salam.

    He told my hubby, “Abang Saya haus, bole Saya mintak air segelas….”

    Dengan Pantas Aku bangun Dari Sofa terus, tolak Hubby and told that guy, “Abg Jangan Marah, air dalam rumah Saya baru habis. Depan tu Ada 7eleven. Jangan marah Abg. Dah malam, Suami Saya Tak sihat…”

    He andswered, “Takpe Dik, Adia Ada anak2?” Than I remembered and came across Someone post abt the Similar incident.

    Sambil nak tutup pintu, he push our door back and say something nasty to us.

    Alhamdulillah I managed to close the door fast and locked from inside.

    I still can feel that he’s still outside.

    That’s why I called the Police

     

    Source: Aida Mahat

deneme bonusu