Blog

  • Mohamed Jufrie Mahmood: Jangan Lekas Terpedaya Tipu Daya PAP

    Mohamed Jufrie Mahmood: Jangan Lekas Terpedaya Tipu Daya PAP

    Baru saya katakan dua hari lepas. Ini buktinya. Walaupun segelintir saja yg diambil masuk dalam angkatan bersenjata kita anak bangsa kita tetap dapat mencapai kecemerlangan.

    Syabas!

    Tapi kita harus sedar dan jangan lekas terpedaya dgn tipudaya PAP dan alat sebaran amnya.

    Masih hanya SEGELINTIR!!

    Seperti kata onputih “A swallow does not a summer make” (Seekor burung layang-layang bukan petanda musim panas dah tiba)

     

    Source: Mohamed Jufrie Mahmood

  • 26 Boys’ Home Youths Arrested Over Unruly Behaviour

    26 Boys’ Home Youths Arrested Over Unruly Behaviour

    The events on Monday night were the worst his family had experienced this year.

    There had been occasional disturbances in the past.

    But the father of two primary school children said the noise coming from the Singapore Boys’ Home (SBH) two nights ago kept his family awake for a few hours.

    The 35-year-old accountant, who declined to be named, told The New Paper yesterday: “I couldn’t see what was happening inside SBH but it was definitely serious and loud.

    “The shouting of vulgarities and banging sounds went on for a few hours. The shouting stopped briefly and started all over again, several times into the morning.

    “It sounded as if there were different groups of boys doing the shouting.”

    As it turned out, 26 residents at the Singapore Boys’ Home were arrested for unlawful assembly on Tuesday morning.

    SBH is a juvenile residential home in Jurong run by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF).

    It houses at-risk young people aged between 12 and 21 who might also have got into trouble with the law.

    TNP understands the 26 residents involved were unhappy with issues at the Home and created a ruckus by throwing items out of windows.

    The reason behind their unhappiness with the Home is not known.

    The accountant, who lives in a nearby block of flats, had called TNP yesterday to share what residents living close to SBH had experienced.

    The man said: “The school term has started, and I hope something can be done at SBH because my children will not get their rest if this happens again.”

    While on his way to work yesterday morning, the accountant said he saw a red riot police vehicle parked in front of SBH.

    When TNP contacted St Joseph’s Canossian Convent, located next to SBH, a spokesman said it had temporarily moved to Mandai due to renovation works and was unable to comment about the incident.

    A police spokesman told TNP they received a call requesting for assistance at around midnight. No one was injured and the police are investigating the incident.

    An MSF spokesman confirmed the incident with The New Paper yesterday.

    The spokesman said: “An incident involving unruly behaviour occurred in the Singapore Boys’ Home at 11pm on Sept 19 which required the involvement of the police.”

    He added MSF had taken steps to ensure the well-being of SBH residents and were assisting the police with investigations.

    MSF did not address questions about the cause of the incident.

    Last year, there were 215 boys admitted to the Home.

    It is gazetted as a Juvenile Rehabilitation Centre for youth offenders dealt with by the Youth Court, which deals with offenders below 16 years old.

    The Home is designated a Place of Safety for those admitted on a Beyond Parental Control Order, a Child Protection Order, or under the Women’s Charter.

    According to the MSF’s website, the youths go through structured routines and programmes for their development, such as academic or vocational training, recreational activities and community service.

     

    Source: www.tnp.sg

  • Mohamed Nazem Suki: We Are All Muslims, Don’t Label Each Other

    Mohamed Nazem Suki: We Are All Muslims, Don’t Label Each Other

    When a government preferred with either group/s, the divisions and problems will deepens.

    The irony is, the group/s, whom any governments preferred, will conduct their actions uncompromising towards another ‘opposing’ group/s. These group/s sold their principle and brotherhood and are proud of it. Cheap isn’t it?

    When any government ministers/officials, past or current, seen to be present supporting one group than the other, by default those group/s are legitimate while the others are extremist, assumed ‘terrorist’. Who determine? Some smart deans and professors make reference to opposing groups? Smile all your way, write long thesis to justify your theories, while you sit in, and you didn’t even touch those brotherhood sufferings in the hands of those ‘terror’ governments.

    Civil and nation wars are inevitable when governments have preference for its survival. People lives are no more sacred. Aren’t these governments more extreme forceful terrorist than those other groups?

    These governments are NOT a reference point. We, Muslims, can’t and don’t and shouldn’t look at any government policies and then work backwards in order to fit into these governments’ system.

    We, Muslims, have our reference and the system/s, we have the ‘just and humanist’ solutions ourselves. Sell it, campaign it, convince them, educate them, create the awareness, etc etc, not just any reaction denouncing allegations of terrorism acts all over. We can also in reaction denounced any acts by any governments which does not fulfilled our principle and obligations. We have diplomatic experts and scholars’ channels, talk it out.

    We, Muslims, are NOT terrorists !

    Source: www.facebook.com/talkislam/videos/1007363732687424/

     

    We are ALL Muslims .. Period.

     

    Source: Mohamed Nazem Suki

  • Osman Sulaiman: Be Smart, Work Smart, Join Me

    Osman Sulaiman: Be Smart, Work Smart, Join Me

    This is Mubin Ithnin. He is my Sales & Project Manager. He is just 25 yrs old.

    He is new to the industry. I’ve always given young people without experience the opportunity to gain new skills and gain more knowledge.

    As a job seeker myself before going into business, I was once inexperience and was certainly hopeful someone would hire me and give me the opportunity I needed.

    I believe it’s the opportunity that is the missing ingredient between successful people and the opposite. Given the opportunity, anyone can succeed with the right attitude.

    Today, Mubin has earned himself a handsome salary. This has come not without sweat.

    Mubin is a reserved and soft spoken guy. I’m impressed at how well he has performed so far. It debunks the notion that paper qualification is necessary to earn a good income.

    Behind the scenes, he works diligently and is disciplined enough to put in effort towards realising his goals. Today he reaped what he sowed. There’s no substitute to hard work.

    Congrats Mubin!

    If you have what it takes (determination and discipline), join me. I dont promise you the 5 figure income like those of MLM companies.

    What you can be assured of is a decent salary that is enough to make ur peers envy and to put dough on the table and occasionally the well deserved holidays. ?

    Dont take my word for it. Experience it yourself. Say sayonara to mundane 9-5 energy sapping working hours. You are better off working smart and enjoying more time with your loved ones. Mwaaaaah!

    PS: Do I look younger than him?

     

    Source: Khan Osman Sulaiman

  • Danial Bawany – From “Fat And Lazy” To Bodybuilding Champion

    Danial Bawany – From “Fat And Lazy” To Bodybuilding Champion

     

    In primary school, he was teased for being “fat” and “lazy”.

    He was also made fun of for his “elephant thighs”.

    Mr Danial Bawany vowed never to let that happen again.

    Now, not only is he a Manhunt Singapore 2016 finalist, he also recently clinched a gold medal in the 50th Asian Bodybuilding and Sports Physique Championship in Bhutan from Sept 2 to 8.

    The 22-year-old freelance personal trainer beat 19 other men in the Men’s Physique over 170cm category.

    Mr Danial Bawany with his trophy and medal. PHOTO COURTESY OF DANIAL BAWANY

    It’s a far cry from his days in primary school when he would always be benched during hockey games because he was unfit.

    THEN AND NOW: Mr Danial Bawany at 15 years old.PHOTO COURTESY OF DANIAL BAWANY

    “Whenever my team won, my school mates would tell me that I did not deserve it because I was rarely on the pitch,” he said.

    When he was 14, he started exercising with a dumbbell.

    At the age of 17, he started training and eating properly.

    Wanting to be able to run faster, jump higher and lift heavy objects led him to pick up powerlifting when he was 20.

    His efforts paid off – from being 80kg with a body fat percentage of 25 per cent in primary school, his weight now fluctuates between 90 and 95kg, with a body fat level of between eight and 12 per cent.

    In April this year, his performance at a local bodybuilding competition, Physique War, impressed Mr Pradip Subramanian, 31, the president and director of the World Bodybuilding and Physique Federation Singapore.

    THEN AND NOW: Mr Danial Bawany at the 50th Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Federation Championship (above). PHOTO COURTESY OF DANIAL BAWANY

    “He has the potential and the talent and I knew that he would place among the top-three (for the competition in Bhutan),” said Mr Pradip.

    For four months before the competition, Mr Bawany trained six times a week, with each session lasting about 90 minutes.

    Having to follow a strict diet, he could only have foods that were high in carbohydrates once a week.

    “I had mood swings due to minimal energy and low carbohydrate intake,” he said. “Because of that, the people around me suffered.”

    Three weeks before the competition, he had to give up carbohydrates altogether.

    Though he did not end up placing among the top-three at the Manhunt finals last month, Mr Bawany continued training hard for the competititon in Bhutan.

    When he got there, the sight of the other competitors from 28 participating countries made him nervous.

    “Being the youngest and competing against those whom I had been looking up to was nerve wracking. But I wanted to make Singapore proud too,” he said.

    VICTORIOUS

    Through the support of his family and friends, he did just that – emerging victorious.

    Since last year, he has participated in six competitions, from powerlifting and bodybuilding contests to a pageant (Manhunt Singapore 2016).

    Mr Bawany intends to go for the World Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championships next year in Mongolia.

    He said: “Receiving heartfelt messages from strangers saying that you have inspired them, fires me up to be a better athlete each and every day.”

     

    Source: www.tnp.sg

deneme bonusu