SINGAPORE – The Future Music Festival Asia 2015 will be officially cancelled and festival-goers will receive refunds, said organisers on Sunday.
In a post on their Facebook page, the group apologised to festival-goers for the “inconvenience (they) have been put through” and said details on the refund would be made available on Monday.
Festival organiser Livescape had twice applied for and failed to secure a public entertainment license from the authorities here. Livescape then submitted an appeal to the Minister for Home Affairs on March 3, but that was rejected too.
About 15,000 tickets have been sold for the event, which was scheduled to be held for the first time in Singapore at the Changi Exhibition Centre on Friday and Saturday, March 13 to 14. Big acts such as Public Enemy and The Prodigy were slated to perform.
Started in Australia in 2006 and considered one of the biggest dance music festivals in South-east Asia, the event made headlines last year when six of its concert-goers died from drug overdose in Kuala Lumpur.
Tickets to the festival in Singapore, which cost between $148 and $388, were sold via Sistic, as well as on the festival’s website.
Source: www.straitstimes.com and www.futuremusicfestival.asia