Electric Scooter Charged Overnight Caught Fire, SCDF Activated

An electric scooter reportedly left to charge overnight in a Housing Board flat in Chua Chu Kang sparked a fire, with three people fleeing the unit.

The fire broke out at 3.50am on Friday (July 28) at a 10th-floor unit in Block 230, Choa Chu Kang Central 1, the Singapore Civil Defence Force told The Straits Times.

A woman who lives in the flat, who declined to be named, told Shin Min Daily News in a report on Friday that she was sleeping when she heard a loud explosion.

It was followed by a burnt smell, coming from a room. She went to check and saw that the battery charger of the e-scooter inside was on fire.

ST understands that SCDF officers had to conduct forcible entry into the unit, and that the fire was started by a portable battery charger attached to the e-scooter.

No one was injured.


Source: www.straitstimes.com

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *