There has been coverage in the press about my postings about the LGBT movement in Singapore.
While the media has provided coverage for the LGBT supporters, so far, little coverage has been provided to those that are not for LGBT.
Hence, I would like to take this opportunity to make clear my views on the matter:
1. My initial posting entitled “Liberal Islam, Lesbianism and the likes of it” is still on my Facebook page. It has not been removed because it reflects my personal conviction on the issue.
2. I edited the post and removed certain words such as “cancer” and “social diseases” prior to the issue being made public. This change was done in view of the sensitivities on the ground which I am fully aware of.
3. My position as a Muslim about LGBT remains clear and is in line with the view of Muslims scholars such as the one made by PERGAS that “According to the higher objectives of Islamic Law, the family unit serves to bring in new generation and preserve the existence of humankind. For that reason, Islam gives attention in establishing a family only through the legal marriage of a man and woman. Any form of extra-marital or same-sex relations are hence prohibited in Islam (MEDIA STATEMENT, 11 February 2014,https://www.facebook.com/Pergas.Singapore)
4. There is no disagreement in Islam on the prohibition of homosexuality. As a Muslim, I fully subscribe to Islam’s guidance and stand firm that homosexuality is a challenge that needs to be addressed through reasoned dialogue and education.
This view is my personal view and I stand by it as a member of a religious community in Singapore.
Source: Syed Khairudin Aljunied
Read the ENTIRE chronology of saga in category ‘AGAMA’:
- Singapore Murtad Association Pokes Fun at NUS Prof Syed Khairudin Aljunied
- NUS LGBT Students Protest Against NUS Muslim Professor Syed Khairudin Aljunied
- Homosexual Lobby, Bullying Tactics Gone Too Far
- The Idolisation of Tolerance & Its Abuse
- Petition against NUS Professor Syed Khairudin Aljunied by 3 LGBT NUS students: Benjamin Seet, Melissa Tsang and Khairulanwar Zaini
- Petition in support of NUS Professor Syed Khairudin Aljunied created by Dr Muhammad Iqbal and Mr Faisal Razak
- Facebook Page Supporting NUS Professor Syed Khairudin Aljunied
- Muslims retaliated with petition after NUS LGBT students attempted to discredit, threatened NUS to sack Prof Syed Khairudin Aljunied
- Homosexuality and Liberal Islam are Dangerous to Singapore
- NUS Muslim Student Wrote Letter & Petition against Lecturer Syed Khairudin Aljunied, Now Denies He is Gay, Demands Public to Apologise to His Mother
- FMSA Issue Statement in Support of NUS Prof Syed Khairudin Aljunied
- NUS professor acknowledges ‘poor judgment’ in posts on sexuality
- Alfian Sa’at Defines ‘Neo-Sodom-Gomorrah’ Used by FMSA to describe LGBTQ
- Polemik LGBTQ di Singapura: Kenyataan Rasmi ABIM
- Alfian Sa’at Speaks Up for the LGBTQ Community
- Syed Khairudin Aljunied Clarifies Personal View on LGBTQ